We strive to bring you accurate and up-to-date material, though we make no guarantees that everything on this site is completely accurate, as our vendors (people and companies from which we purchase inventory) often change and update their materials and their prices. We may slip up and occasionally forget to change a product design/style/price in a timely manner, although we try to keep up with all the changes. On occasion a product is discontinued; there may be a slight delay in removing it from our site.
Melody’s Traditional Music/Afghan Press assumes no liability or responsibility for any damage to you, your computer, or other property, due to your access to, use of, or downloading from this site or any materials/information provided on this site. Our web site is hosted at Go Daddy and scanned daily. We are happy to provide links to teachers and performers who may help you along your musical path, however; these hyperlinks are maintained/controlled by others. Since we provide this as a service, we do not necessarily endorse the contents of these websites, nor do we routinely review these sites.
Many of the images, trademarks, or service marks appearing on the Site are the marks of their respective owners and manufacturers. We have been given permission to use them. If you have any questions about this User Agreement, contact Melody’s Traditional Music. If you do not agree with the terms of this User Agreement, you may not use this website.
We reserve the right to change this User Agreement at any time without notice.
Privacy Notice: We do not share our customer list with other stores. Your credit card numbers are not stored in our on-site computers, nor are they stored on any printed receipts. If you call with your order, please have your credit card handy because we are not able to retrieve that information. For online orders, your credit card information goes directly to STRIPE. If your computer saves your credit card numbers, or if you ask our site to save your number, it is stored with Stripe, our credit card processor. It is not stored in any way on our premises.
We discontinued our paper catalog in 2009. Currently, E-mail announcements are sent when new publications come out, and for relevant events. We use Constant Contact, a safe and reputable company, for our e-mailing list. We have several social media outlets including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Descriptions of Music:We began writing detailed descriptions of the music we carry back in 1994, when we published our first catalog. We spend much time looking through the music and coming up with the details we think will help you decide if it is for you or not. Our descriptions are honest, thoughtful and sometimes humorous. Our descriptions are copyrighted © 1994 – 2020. Please ask permission to use them.
We consider the input of data into our software as being sufficient evidence of Informed Consent being freely given by customers for the purchase of harp print music, both paper and digital. Your information is:
- Processed Lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes;
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary;
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date;
- Retained only for as long as necessary; and,
- Processed securely in an appropriate manner to maintain security.
If you are an EU citizen whose personal information we hold, the GDPR affords certain rights. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please email email@example.com to process your request securely, we reserve the right to request you to provide two valid forms of identification for verification purposes.
Your rights are as follows:
- The right to be informed;
- The right of access;
- The right to rectification;
- The right to erasure (the ‘right to be forgotten’);
- The right to restrict processing;
- The right to data portability;
- The right to object; and,
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
In our role as a commercial music store, we strive to uphold these rights in the manner, and to the timelines, defined within GDPR. Customers must also uphold these rights for these individuals. If we consider requests to: be frivolous; necessitate disproportionate effort to complete; or, cannot be fulfilled for another legitimate reason (e.g. legal) – then we reserve the right to refuse them. If such an exceptional circumstance arises, then we will inform you (within a reasonable time frame). If answering requests is likely to require additional time (above that specified in GDPR) or generates a commercially unreasonable expense (which you may have to meet, in part or in full), then we will also inform you (within a reasonable time frame).
On matters where GDPR specifies a defined timeline, then we will strive to address them ‘within a reasonable timeline’ as recommended within GDPR.
We collect several different types of information from Customers including:
- Registration and Contact Information. We collect information about you when you (a) register to use the Services; and/or, (b) provide contact information to us via email, telephone, or through our Services.
- Payment Information. When you purchase products via PayPal or STRIPE, we collect transactional information, which does not include your credit card information, but does include your billing and mailing address and anything else necessary to complete purchase.
- When you purchase products through phone call, we collect transactional information, which may include your credit card information, billing and mailing address and anything else necessary to complete purchase. Credit card information is immediately shredded.
- Third Parties. We do not interact with advertisements and/or other content on external sites or platforms. We have Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. We do not collect information from those sites.
- Other Information. We are not aware of any other ways we collect information from you.
Melody Productions is a Texas S Corporation. Our website is hosted by Go Daddy. Our files are not stored in the cloud. We also consider the input of data into our software as being sufficient evidence of Informed Consent for said transfer of your own data.
We take the security of all data extremely seriously and utilize multiple technologies, processes and protocols to protect against the loss or theft of personal data, including (but not limited to): encryption, access controls, data backups, passwords, and reputable third parties (e.g. Paypal, STRIPE) et al. This being said, although we invest at a commercially reasonable level, no software platform or data storage can be 100% secure; thus, we cannot make guarantees relating to data security. We do not sell, distribute or lease any personal information outside of our business, without obtaining Informed Consent, unless we are legally required to do so, or there is a ‘good faith belief’ such action is absolutely necessary. For example, if Melody Productions sells or merges, then personal data will be transferred; in this case, we will provide advance notice. Disclosure could also be required to: protect the rights or assets of our business; prevent or investigate wrongdoing related to our Services; support a legal request from a recognized legal authority; and/or, protect the safety of users of the Services et al.
We use third-parties (including, but not limited to those listed, beneath) to monitor, analyze, support, promote and enhance our Services. In some cases, these providers will use personal data to fulfill their contractual obligations (with us), when we request them to perform various services on a legitimate interest basis:
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic and usage:http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- Google Adwords remarketing service is a personalized advertising service offered by Google Inc.: http://www.google.com/settings/ads (have not used this account since 2014)
- PayPal processes payments: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
- Constant Contact is used for email marketing.
- Sucuri monitors our site 24/7 and fixes all bugs
Use of Services, Website Visits and Support
Data relating to your online activity on our websites with respect to our Services, including the following:
browser type and version
pages you view
how you got to our Services and any links you click on to leave our Services
when you update your information, communicate with us, or order new Services
metadata about your use and your contacts’ use of our Services and your emails you send (including clicks and opens)
your interactions with any videos we offer
issues you encounter requiring our support or assistance
any device or other method of communication you use to interact with the Services
This data is collected in a variety of places including system log files and back end databases.
For legal and formal purposes, our registered office is 21626 Gentry Rd, Cypress, TX 77429, USA. 281-890-4500.